Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 12, 2011

The first of MANY!

Finally!

I've decided to start a blog. I must admit, I have been a blog "hater" for a few years now and felt pretty good about being one of the few that doesn't blog. Even after getting married and having a baby, I STILL didn't want to start blogging. But then......Then a long lost love of mine came creeping back into my life and now here I am, blogging.

I started "caking" I guess you could call it, when I was about 17 years old and fell in love with the idea of working with cakes and frostings all day long. Who wouldn't right? My sister and our friend were both pregnant at the time with boys! So when they decided to do a joint baby shower, I jumped at the idea of making my first cake! A wonderful lady from my church offered to teach me the ropes and I couldn't be more thankful. All it took was that baby shower cake and now I'm hooked.

I hope everyone gets as much joy out of my blog as I've gotten from making these cakes.

This is the cake! To be honest, I was a ditsy teenager at the time so I don't even remember what the flavors were or anything. Sad huh? But for my first ever cake done with fondant, not too shabby?